Today's green-savvy guests will find plenty of eco options at Aloft Dallas Downtown, thanks to our see green program. It starts at arrival, with special parking for hybrid cars, charging stations for electrical cars and park-like landscaping that offers a breath of fresh air.
Inside, natural materials like cork and sustainable wood veneers are integrated into the hotel's design. In-shower product dispensers replace non-biodegradable bottles for less landfill litter. Guests can also choose to reuse-towels and linens to help save water and energy.
The Aloft Dallas Downtown was repurposed from the historic Santa Fe Freight depot and is Starwood Hotels & Resorts' first adaptive reuse project and designed specifically to meet LEED Certification Silver qualifications. We take great pride sharing our every day sustainable practices through our core values below.
Make A Green Choice
At Aloft we want to reward you for participating in our efforts to go green. For each night you decline housekeeping (excluding your departure date) we'll offer you a $5 voucher to Re:fuel by AloftSM, our self-serve gourmet eatery, or 250 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints® awarded at checkout.
It feels good to conserve. Make A Green Choice with Aloft Dallas Downtown.
Blink Electric Car Charging
Aloft Dallas Downtown now has Blink (TM) electric car charging stations for all of our guests who need some extra voltage for their ride. We are making it super simple to get charged and on your way.
- As an adaptive re-use project, the hotel maintains 95% of pre-existing floor plates, walls and the roof
- 75% of demolition debris was reused in the lower-level event spaces and parking lot
- Along 4 DART bus routes and within .3 miles from 2 light rail lines allowing easy access to public transportation
- Up front parking for low-emitting and fuel efficient vehicles, plus electrical car charging stations
- Convenient bicycle storage and changing facilities
- 10% of building materials are regionally sourced
- All paints, sealants and carpets are low emitting/low VOC materials
- Natural daylight is found in 75% of all spaces reducing electricity consumption
- Water efficient toilets, sinks, and landscaping
- Roofing and concrete paving materials reduce heat island effect by meeting the Solar Reflective Index(SRI) requirements of USGBC LEED credits
- LED lighting used in all ground and lower level public spaces
- State of the art Daikon HVAC and energy management systems help to reduce hotel energy use by 30% - the system includes temperature set points in all guest rooms, public, and back of house spaces and Unison Diming Racks in all common areas to control
- In house linen reuse program “soak or a-save” us encouraged for all guests staying over 2 days
- Hotel-wide recycling program involves all guest rooms, offices, and back of house spaces
- Energy Star flat screens and white boards in meeting space reduce paper usage
- Staff Awareness & Participation
- Aloft Dallas Green Council hosts monthly meetings focusing on improving and implementing new sustainability practices
- Guest speakers keep staff abreast on the most current eco-friendly products, programs and city initiatives
- Guest Education & Participation
- Participation in worldwide Earth Hour encouraging guest to turn out room lights and meet fellow guests for a candle light mixer and acoustic performances in the Re:mix lounge
- Regular sustainability architecture & design tours are conducted for group happy hours